On the top of my head, this is what I realized:
- Blogging is 50% about you, 50% about your readers. A blog that only talks about oneself can be boring as time goes by. It must be balance by organizing activities that focuses on your readers as well. I'm trying this experiement now in the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2007 writing project and have gained new contacts that I haven't reached out before.
- Quality and meaningful links matter a lot. Although it is tempting to exchange links simply for the heck of it, I find that there must be a clear logic on why you are giving it.
- There is such a thing as a blogger's ego. Be wary on what you say and do to fellow bloggers. Especially to those whom you don't know personally.
- Blogs can generate sales leads and referrals too.
- Get out of your shell. Take the extra effort of getting to know new bloggers, no matter how established you are.