I can tag along 2 bloggers. To become one of the 2, this is what you need to do:
1. Make a blog post on why you want to join the Kape Isla Farm Tour. Share your love for coffee by including a photo or video in your post.
2. Link to the following:
- Philippine Coffee Board (http://www.coffeeboard.com.ph/)
- Free webinar on October 9: How to Put up a Coffee Business and Choose your Coffee Blend (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145957765444104&ref=ts)
- Kape Isla (http://www.coffeeboard.com.ph/kapeisla.htm)
Post a comment to this blog entry and give me the url link where your entry can be found.
Deadline for submission of entries is on September 27, 2010.
Selection of winners will be based on:
- Story - why you want to join the Kape Isla Farm Tour.
- Number of Facebook Likes.
The Kape Isla Farm Tour consists of stop-over at:
- The National Coffee Research Center in Cavite State University in Indang, Cavite. Tour around the coffee farm to see seedlings, coffee flowers, coffee fruits, different kinds of coffee varieties and have an espresso at the coffee center.
- The Beneficio Amadeo - a coffee mill. See how green coffee or dried coffee cherries is brought to the mill for cleaning and sorting before being bagged prior to delivery to roasters.
- Coffee Roasting Plant. See how coffee beans transform from being green to a nice golden brown or dark brown depending on the roast being processed.
- Along the way, see many coffee plantations, pineapple and banana farms and vegetable farms as well.
In addition, there will be a Kape Isla Tour that is open to the public on October 16. If you are interested to join, just contact the Philippine Coffee Board for details.